Margaret Ledbetter Obituary
Margaret Rutherford Ledbetter, 88, of New Albany, died Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at her home. She was born February 19, 1924 in Tippah County to William Scott and Angie Perkins Rutherford. She was a homemaker and enjoyed restoring furniture and antiques. She loved her animals, especially horses. She was a member of Ebenezer Presbyterian Church.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012 at United Funeral Service with Rev. Dan Hazen and Rev. Roger Browning officiating. Interment was in Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband of 61 years, J. L. Ledbetter, Jr.; her daughter, Kathy Ledbetter Dickson (Gene) of Southaven; a sister-in-law, Twilla Rutherford of Blue Mountain; numerous nieces and nephews, a grand dog, Gabriel, and two grand cats, Patchie and Tux.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers, Thomas Perry Rutherford, Willis “Dick” Rutherford and Billy Scott Rutherford.
Pallbearers were Cecil Pannell, Mike McCord, Jerry Stevens, Timothy Stevens, Bobby Thompson and James Randle. Honorary pallbearers were James Staten, Edwin Dees, Bill New, Melvin Warrington, Curtis Frazier, Glen Duckworth, Glen Barkley and John Childers.
The family requests that memorials be made to Ebenezer Presbyterian Church Cemetery Fund, C/o Ann Staten 1068 CR 139 New Albany, Ms. 38652
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...