Grover Wilhite Obituary
Grover C. Wilhite, Jr., 80, died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 21, 1931 in Union County to the late Grover Cleveland Wilhite, Sr. and Flora A. Butler Wilhite. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in the Korean War. He was a former employee of Stratford/Mohasco retiring after 40 years. He was a member of the Fairfield Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Dan Rupert and Rev. Rickey Blythe officiating. Interment was in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his son Michael C. Wilhite (Donna) of New Albany, a grandchild Rachel Wilhite of New Albany, three sisters Margaret Blythe of Baldwyn, Jean East of Germantown, Tenn., and Juanita Little of Olive Branch, and a brother Wayne Wilhite of Baldwyn.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Mary Alice Windle Wilhite, four sisters Charlene Letson, Obera Hall, Ruth Smithey, and Helen Thornton, and three brothers Loyd Wilhite, Carl Wilhite, and Merle Wilhite.
Pallbearers were Ronnie Blythe, Tom Hall, Jim Wilhite, Tim Benjamin, Irby Smithey, and Bobby East.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Fairfield Presbyterian Church in Blue Springs, or the Good Samaritan Center in New Albany.
In honor of Mr. Wilhite, United Funeral Service, Inc. will fly the flag of the United States Army at the funeral home during visitation and service.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6