The cover of the New Albany Football Souvenir Program for the 2012 season says it all.
On the cover designed by Lance Moore, New Albany Coach Ron Price and the team’s seniors are linked arm in arm in a striking photograph taken by Gazette Sports Editor Elizabeth Zaremba. Under the photo are the words, “Standing Strong Together” and a small purple ribbon with the initials “A.P.”
The “A.P.” is for Amanda Price, the coach’s wife was who killed last December by an intruder at the couple’s home and the “Standing Strong Together” could reflect not only the feelings of the team, but also of the community.
It will be an emotional time tonight as Coach Price returns to the football field for the first regular season game since the tragedy that left him a widower and daughter Molly Addison motherless.
It will be the annual “Maroon Madness” game with Ripley, but many fans will be wearing some purple in honor of Amanda Price’s favorite color. A purple ribbon also is on the back of the team’s helmets this season.
The community has, and continues to, stand strong in support of the Price family and the coach’s commitment to stay in New Albany and do what he does – coach football and set high standards for himself and his team both on and off the field.
It is just as it should be as the Bulldogs start the 2012 season.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...