Margie Roberts Obituary
Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012 at the New Albany Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Interment was in the Hopewell Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by four sons Franklin E. Roberts of Trapper Creek, Alaska, James A. Roberts (Judy) of New Albany, H. Alan Roberts (Leshia) of Nettleton, and Robin L. Roberts (Connie) of Hattiesburg, three brothers James Arland Massengill of Warner Robbins, GA, Amos Hall Massengill of New Albany, and Douglas Patton Massengill of Chicago, Ill., six grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband the Rev. Alton Liddell Roberts, and a sister Mary Sue Whitehorn.
Honorary pallbearers were the elders and deacons of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The body lay in state from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany Presbyterian Church designated to the Christmas Benevolent Offering.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...