Eastern Lights, August 10, 2012
Boy, did we have a season of rain on Sunday and early Monday morning. The Apostle Paul said it well when he said, “My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:13.
Well I can tell you my needs have been met: I have had plenty of vegetables and fruit all summer long. I would thank all of you by name but I’m sure I’d leave someone out, but thanks to all of you.
More and more of you tell me you enjoy the community news; that makes me happy even those – I don’t know.
Jamie and I enjoyed the wonderful service at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church last Tuesday night. Hannah Grace and Sara Beth Page blessed our hearts with their talent of singing. Then Louie Williams of Macedonia Baptist Church, visiting evangelist, delivered a wonderful message. Lou Zemeke is the pastor.
Sunday afternoon I had company from New Harmony. Karl, Juanita and Penny Easley came for a visit. They stay so very busy with their church work at New Harmony that they don’t have a lot of time to visit.
Other visitors during the week were Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne, and Lauren Frazier, and Paula McCullough.
Billy and Shelby Easley, some of the Roger Hogue family, Charles, Clara ,and B. J. Harrison, and James and Shelly Stanford recently vacationed in Branson, Mo.
Sympathy is extended to Lynn and Shirley Fitts for the death of his daughter, Gina Crumpton, who was buried Thursday. She was a member of Calvary United Methodist Church. Trey Lambert was in charge of the service.
Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church will celebrate Homecoming on Sunday at 11 a.m. John Moore, district superintendent for the New Albany district, will bring the message followed by a pot luck lunch and fellowship.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...