Blue Springs to hold budget hearing Aug. 28
The Blue Springs Board of Aldermen members met Tuesday night to discuss a variety of issues, including services that need to be provided now that the town has annexed.
Aldermen Sandra Boland said, “We are going to have to start providing street lights.”
The Town of Blue Springs still does not have sewer, which the board discussed as being a problem that would deter possible developers. The board discussed looking into grant funding for a sewer system.
The board also discussed raising the millage rate, which is currently at 9.35 mills.
Aldermen Sandra Boland made the motion to keep the millage rate the same and Aldermen Shirley Allen seconded the motion.
A budget hearing will be held at 6 p.m. on Aug. 28, 2012 at Blue Springs Town Hall. All public are invited to attend.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...