Small Business seminar to be held Aug. 23
The New Albany Main Street Association will host a Small Business Internet Uses and Apps seminar from 8:30-9:30 a.m. on Aug. 23 at the Magnolia Civic Center in downtown New Albany.
The speaker will be Dr. Roberto Gallardo from the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
With the web economy reaching $2.3 trillion by 2016 and popular social media applications spanning close to one billion people, taking advantage of the Internet is critical for small businesses. Appearing on digital maps, utilizing social media for marketing purposes, and transitioning into a mobile market are just some examples of the tremendous potential the Internet holds for small businesses. This presentation will cover the components of a strategic online presence for small businesses.
Gallardo has an engineering degree from the University of the Americas in Mexico. He received a Master of Economic Development from the University of Southern Mississippi and received his doctorate in Public Policy and Administration from Mississippi State University.
Gallardo currently works as an assistant extension professor at the Southern Rural Development Center at Mississippi State University. He has over eight years of experience in community and economic development research and practice. His research interests include community and economic development, broadband adoption and use, industrial clusters, and entrepreneurship.
For more information please contact Vickie Duke, New Albany Main Street Association manager, at 662-534-3438.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...