Baptist and health
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has a longstanding commitment to the health of our community. That commitment takes many forms, from the hospital itself to a variety of community outreach programs.
One of those ancillary parts of Baptist is the facility on Fairfield Drive known as the Baptist Healthplex. It has been owned by the hospital since 2006, but has just undergone a significant upgrade in equipment.
Baptist has just spent more than $75,000 on renovations to the 33,000-square-foot facility, adding new commercial grade fitness equipment and remodeling the locker rooms. New fitness machines include Spinner bikes, stairclimbers, treadmills, stationary bikes and a water rower.
The renovated Healthplex will be on display at a free community open house from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
The Healthplex offers a variety of classes including Tai Chi, water aerobics, dance, SPI, Zumba and cardio sculpting. The facility has an indoor pool and offers swimming classes for both children and adults.
Samuel Lynd, the new assistant administrator at the hospital, said the improvements demonstrate Baptist’s continuing commitment to promoting a healthy community.
We agree. We are fortunate to have a quality, responsible, non-profit hospital in a community our size. And we are fortunate to have the Healthplex facility and its pool.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer