Ellistown Breezes, July 27, 2012
We are still enjoying this summer weather in Mississippi, aren’t we? We have been blessed with rain in this area, and should remember to give thanks for the same.
A couple of years ago Lynn and Cathy Walker had an exchange student live with them. Her name is Nathalie Threlemins, who is from Belgium. Their daughter Erin is leaving August 18 to go to South Korea to teach in Gwant-Ju, which is about the size of Union County, and has four million people living there. Best wishes to Erin.
Ron and Alecia Terrles’ great-grandson joined the National Guard and just landed a few days ago in Afghanistan.
Frances Wigington told me she had gotten a good report from her doctor. She was also telling me what sweet great-grandchildren she has; Hunter and Lucas Wigington had cut her grass for her.
Frances also told me Ronald Lyons has lung cancer. I know he and Lynda would appreciate your prayers.
Happy Birthday to Norma Faye Robertson Bolander on July 30, who will be a big 65. She and husband, Wiley, have already retired and are enjoying their grandchildren.
Also, a Happy Birthday to Pat Tanev and Elizabeth Reeder, Friday, August 3, and to Megan Reeder Saturday, August 4.
The Sunshine Band (our senior adults) plan to meet this Thursday at the church and to have lunch at Cracker Barrel.
Heather Roberts sang our special music last Sunday and did a beautiful job.
Next week we get to witness another baptism of one of our young people, Lauren Jane Moore. Praise the Lord for the young people coming to the Lord.
Let us remember to pray for each other.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer