Art, music, food, fun
A year ago the New Albany Main Street Association decided to try something new – and evening of art, music and food called Arts, Beats & Eats.
It was taking a chance because the community has few dressy, upscale events.
Vickie Duke, the New Albany association’s manager, said at the time that one of Main Street’s goals was to expand the number of events and “help grow the arts in the community.”
The event, by any standard, was a success, and managed to win an award for “Best Art Event” in judging by the Mississippi Main Street Association.
Now it’s back for year two. It will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3, in the In Bloom event hall on Bankhead Street in downtown New Albany.
Local artists in this year’s event are Jenny Hall, Brian Crockett, Clyde McDowell, Linda Treat, Kathryn Rye, John Anson, Catherine Ann Herrington and Rebecca Browing.
While browsing through the artwork, attendees will be able to listen to the music of the Paul Tate Trio and enjoy food from the menus of New Albany eateries. Participating this year are Sugaree’s Bakery, Tallahatchie Gourmet, Yummy Delight, Nichols Foods & Deli, Manning’s BBQ, Old Hwy 78 Café, Game Tyme, Small Gatherings and Mi Pueblo.
Tickets are on sale now for $10 at the Main Street office and at Sugaree’s Bakery. Call 662-534-3438 for more information.
It’s a great chance to hob-nob with friends in a social setting and we expect an even bigger turnout this year.
Come be a part of it.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...