Enrollment underway at ICC for free Jobs4U/C2C training classes
Enrollment is under way at Itawamba Community College for free Jobs4U/C2C five-week training classes at area WIN Job Centers.
Classes begin Aug. 13 and Sept. 17 at Belden, Aug. 20 at Amory, Aug. 27 at Pontotoc and Sept. 4 at Houston.
C2C, an initiative of the Mississippi Partnership and ICC, is an employability skills training program.
Qualifications include age 21 or younger, willingness to work and participate in case management and individual counseling, desire to set and achieve goals and discipline to overcome negative habits and attitudes.
To be considered for enrollment, participants must be out of school; meet income guidelines; have a desire to work, learn and grow and commit to an intensive five-week program that requires 40 hours per week of participation.
Components of the Counseling to Career training include Smart Work Ethics, Smart Lab, resume’ writing, applications tips, interviewing skills, business etiquette, Lean manufacturing, CPR and first aid and safety and OSHA.
For more information at Belden, contact Amy Moore at (662) 407-1206; at Amory, contact Stephanie Kitchens at (662) 256-5617; at Pontotoc, contact Tammy Roberts or Penny Spencer at (662) 489-1800; or at Houston, contact Tish Kelley at (662) 456-1561.
The Belden campus phone number is 662-407-1503. The Tupelo campus phone number is 662-620-5257. The Fulton campus phone number is 662-862-8244
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...