New immunization required for seventh graders in 2012-2013 school year
The Mississippi State Department of Health will require the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) vaccination for all students entering 7th grade beginning with the 2012-2013 school year. Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, has increased in frequency across the country in recent years, as protection from the childhood pertussis vaccine has become weaker over time in the adolescent population.
As this is the law, the New Albany School District encourages the parents of incoming seventh graders to adhere to this law to avoid delays in school registration and attendance in August. All students entering 7th grade this school year must present an updated IMMUNIZATION FORM 121 form before attending school in August. Forms may be dropped off at the New Albany Middle School Office during summer office hours. Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – noon.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...