New immunization required for seventh graders in 2012-2013 school year
The Mississippi State Department of Health will require the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) vaccination for all students entering 7th grade beginning with the 2012-2013 school year. Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, has increased in frequency across the country in recent years, as protection from the childhood pertussis vaccine has become weaker over time in the adolescent population.
As this is the law, the New Albany School District encourages the parents of incoming seventh graders to adhere to this law to avoid delays in school registration and attendance in August. All students entering 7th grade this school year must present an updated IMMUNIZATION FORM 121 form before attending school in August. Forms may be dropped off at the New Albany Middle School Office during summer office hours. Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – noon.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 31, 2016
- Settlemires named to first-ever All-SSAC Faculty Team May 31, 2016
- No reason to be bored here this summer May 31, 2016
- Looks like summer is here May 31, 2016
- County compares favorably to neighbors in several categories May 31, 2016
- Spray park at BNA Bank Park opens for the summer May 31, 2016
- Martintown Road bridge gets first part of new deck May 31, 2016
- Union County jobless rate continue to be among lowest in state May 31, 2016
- Free concert series begins Saturday May 31, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...