Baker pleads not guilty in Amanda Price shooting death
The New Albany man charged in the shooting death of school teacher Amanda Price pleaded not guilty to that and five other charges in court Monday.
Craig O. Baker, 20, of 1100 East Bankhead, Trailer #45 in New Albany, entered the plea of not guilty at 1 p.m., Monday, during a Union County Circuit Court session.
Judge John Gregory remanded Baker to the custody of the Union County Sheriff's Department to await trial.
Local attorney Chandler Rogers was originally appointed as Baker's attorney. However, according to Kelly Luther, assistant district attorney, Rogers had filed a motion to have himself relieved from that duty. Luther said the district attorney's office had no objection to his motion and Judge Gregory allowed it.
Baker is charged with capital murder, as well as aggravated assault, for allegedly shooting Amanda and her husband, Ron Price, during an attempted burglary at the couple's residence on Dec. 5, 2011. Ron Price was treated for a gunshot wound that night at a nearby hospital and later released.
An employee of the Circuit Clerk's office stated that the next step in the case will be for Baker to confer with his attorney before a trial date is set.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...