Bulldogs drop two games at Oxford
New Albany opened its summer slate with a double header at Oxford on Tuesday.
The Chargers took a 9-2 win in the first game, posting six runs in the fifth off only one hit and three Bulldog errors.
New Albany got on the board in the second inning, bringing in a run off of a sacrifice fly by Dalton Hall. Earlier in the inning, Grant Hogue reached on a walk and Hunter McCreight hit the first of his two singles. Both runners advanced on a passed ball, being placed in scoring position leading up to Hall’s sac fly.
Oxford answered in the bottom of the second, as Pittman Phillips scored on a passed ball, and New Albany’s final lead came in the top of the fourth, as McCreight plated Colt Smith on his single.
The Chargers scored two in the bottom of the fourth, and with a pitching change for the Bulldogs in the fifth, plated six runs.
McCreight finished with two hits for New Albany, while Ty Ballard had two hits for the Chargers.
Both teams had only two hits in the nightcap, with Oxford taking the 3-1 win.
The Chargers scored two runs in the first, loading the bases before Hunter Roth was hit by a pitch to score the first run. Henry Webb scored later on a passed ball.
Marcus Reed brought in the Bulldogs’ lone run on a double, plating Eathen Rainey. Oxford’s final run came on a wild pitch that scored Michael Bianco.
Jonah Zahller had four strikeouts on the mound for New Albany.
The Bulldogs were scheduled to next play at Ripley on Thursday. The summer season for New Albany will come to an end in the NEMCABB tournament at BNA Bank Park at the end of June.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...