Holt signs with BMC golf
Austin Holt, a standout golfer for New Albany High School and Northeast Mississippi Community College, has signed a scholarship offer to play for Blue Mountain College.
“Austin is one of the top young players in this area and we’re extremely happy that he’s decided to join the BMC program,” golf coach Danny McKenzie said. “He makes us a stronger team right away.”
As a sophomore at Northeast, he finished in a four-way tie for second place at the NJCAA Regional Tournament with a 78-71–149 at River Birch Golf Club in Amory, and the played in the NJCAA National Golf Championship in Scottsboro, Ala. He posted rounds of 76-80-77-72–305 on the Colony Course at Goosepond Golf Club and finished 57th in the nation.
While at New Albany, he finished third in the MHSAA Class 4A tournaments as a sophomore and second in both his junior and senior seasons. Holt attended Mississippi State University in 2011-12 but did not play collegiate golf.
“Austin played in some solid golf programs at New Albany and Northeast,” McKenzie said. “His experience will be just as valuable to us as his talent, and he’s got a whole lot of talent.”
BMC, which began intercollegiate golf only two years ago, recently finished third in the TranSouth Athletic Conference Championship and is rated 44th among 167 NAIA teams by Golfstat ranking service.
For more on Blue Mountain College athletics, visit www.bmcsports.com.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer