Hatley tops East Union in game three
East Union was unable to hold on in its game three match-up at Hatley on Monday, falling to the Tigers, 7-6.
Down 5-3 in the fifth, the Urchins scored three to go ahead, but the Tigers scored two runs in the sixth and held on to advance to the north half championship against Bruce.
East Union forced Monday’s game three after winning 5-2.
Tied at two in the fifth, Barkley drove in the go-ahead run and Boland added the insurance runs off of his single, putting the Urchins ahead, 5-2.
East Union took the early 2-0 lead after the first after an RBI triple by Cody Bo Dillard and an RBI double by Tray Davis.Dillard had the win on the mound, striking out four and allowing only four hits for the Tigers.
Hatley took game one of the series, shutting out the Urchins, 14-0.
Four Tigers had multiple hits, led by Caleb Walters and Tyler Bowling with three hits each.
The Urchins were held to one hit in the game, which came from D.J. Armstrong, and Russ Johnson had the win on the mound for Hatley, recording five strikeouts.
East Union ends the season at 24-10 and will return everyone next season.
“We’re going to get better, stronger and faster, more mature and grow in knowledge of the game” coach Chris Basil said. “We’re going to work hard over the summer to get better and prepare for next season.”
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...