Sara Underwood obituary
Sara Kathleen White Underwood, 93, of New Albany, died Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at her residence.
She was born July 13, 1918 in Tippah County to the late Robert Clarence White and Mary Kitchens White. She was a 1936 graduate of Daniel High School, and a 1941 graduate of MSCW. During World War 2 she worked for TVA. She taught school for 26 years, 23 of which were in Humphreys County. She and her husband of 48 years Bee Underwood retired to the family farm in New Albany in 1977.
As an active member of the New Albany First United Methodist Church, she belonged to the Hill-Sharp Sunday School Class, served as secretary of the United Methodist Women for 10 years, and served as the District Secretary for 4 years. She was also a member of the Progressive Mother’s Club.
Services will be held at 2 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2012 at the New Albany First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Barry Male officiating. Interment will be in the New Albany City Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by three daughters Harriet Turner of Nashville, Tenn., Sara Lovelace of Oxford, and Jane Wiegartner (Brian) of New Albany, seven grandchildren Dean Turner, Daphne Glaser (Chris), Leslie Turner, Dee Lovelace (Katie), Ken Lovelace (Hope), John Hogin Lovelace, and Jason Wiegartner, and eight great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Bee Underwood, her infant son Bee Underwood, Jr., a grandchild Samuel Robert Wiegartner, a sister Juanita White Johnson, and a brother Robert Clarence White, Jr.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday in Wesley Hall at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany First United Methodist Church, 207 East Bankhead Street, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...