Otha Foster Jr. obituary
Otha Cavin “Sonny” Foster Jr., 81, died Sunday, March 18, 2012 at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born on Sept. 5, 1930, in Houston to Otha Cavin and Benton Foster. He was a member of New Parkersburg Baptist Church and the American Legion. He was a Navy veteran having served his country during the Korean Conflict. He loved gospel music, fishing, Alabama Crimson Tide football, his children and his grandchildren.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with the Rev. Enoch Purvis officating. Internment will be at Wesley’s Chapel Cemetery in Houston with military honors. Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include wife, Mattie J. Foster of Blue Mountain; daughter, Debbie Camp (Tommy) of Coker, Ala.; two sons, Billy D. Foster (Patsy Smith) of New Albany and Tommy Foster (Pam) of Blue Mountain; brother, Jerry Davis Foster (Glenda) of Houston; one niece, Suzanne Foster Chilton (Alan) of Tupelo; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Scott Wilson, Ray Pickens, Alfred Steward, Lamar Frazier, Ray Huffman, Paul McAllister and Eric Hill. Honorary pallbearers will be American Legionnaires.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...