Otha Foster Jr. obituary
Otha Cavin “Sonny” Foster Jr., 81, died Sunday, March 18, 2012 at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born on Sept. 5, 1930, in Houston to Otha Cavin and Benton Foster. He was a member of New Parkersburg Baptist Church and the American Legion. He was a Navy veteran having served his country during the Korean Conflict. He loved gospel music, fishing, Alabama Crimson Tide football, his children and his grandchildren.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with the Rev. Enoch Purvis officating. Internment will be at Wesley’s Chapel Cemetery in Houston with military honors. Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include wife, Mattie J. Foster of Blue Mountain; daughter, Debbie Camp (Tommy) of Coker, Ala.; two sons, Billy D. Foster (Patsy Smith) of New Albany and Tommy Foster (Pam) of Blue Mountain; brother, Jerry Davis Foster (Glenda) of Houston; one niece, Suzanne Foster Chilton (Alan) of Tupelo; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Scott Wilson, Ray Pickens, Alfred Steward, Lamar Frazier, Ray Huffman, Paul McAllister and Eric Hill. Honorary pallbearers will be American Legionnaires.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6