Joe McDonald obituary
Joe Dewey McDonald, 61, of New Albany, died Sunday, April 22, 2012 at his residence.
He was born Jan. 16, 1951 in New Albany to the late William “Bill” McDonald and Dessie V. Foreman McDonald. He was a retired truck driver. He was a member of the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. He enjoyed fishing, being outdoors, and mowing his grass.
Services were held at 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with Steve Wilson officiating. Interment was in the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his ex-wife Patricia McDonald of Myrtle, his daughter Susan Perkins of Myrtle, three sons Joseph Dewayne McDonald (Robin) of New Albany, Joe Dewey McDonald, Jr. (Monica) of Myrtle, and Mark Eugene Pickens (Tina) of Myrtle, a sister Betty Sue McDonald Payne of New Albany, a brother Danny Wayne McDonald (Kathy) of New Albany, and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and two grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Tommy Allred, Steve Jumper, Alan Jumper, Billy Yager, Bud Hicks, Tony Clark, Mark Weathers, and Robby Windham. The honorary pallbearer was Gerald Hale.
Visitation was from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...