Jewel Hall obituary
Jewel Paralee Hill Hall, 96, of New Albany, died Tuesday, April 3, 21012 at Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County.
She was born June 29, 1915 in Union County to the late Alexander and Lila Turner Hill. She was a homemaker and enjoyed fishing, gardening and spending time with her grandchildren. She was a member of Martin Baptist Church.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, April 6, 2012 at United Funeral Service with Rev. Andy Russell, Rev. Mike Johnson and Rev. Chip Johnson officiating. Interment will be in Martin Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by two daughters, Dorothy Gregory and Mary Lou Raines (Johnny); two sons, Paul Hall (Pat) and Charles Hall (Lana), all of New Albany; 16 grandchildren; 31 great grandchildren and numerous great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Ernest Hall; one daughter, Joyce Andrews, and two sons-in-law, Hershel Gregory and Herbert Andrews.
Pallbearers will be Brad Raines, John Raines, Mickey Hall, Jeff Hall, Ryan Hall, Johnny Gregory, Bill Gregory and Scott Gregory.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6