New Albany track competes at district, advances to regionals
New Albany track and field competed for district last Friday, April 20 and on Monday, April 23, with the top four qualifiers advancing to the regional meet at Pontotoc on Saturday, April 28.
The following have advanced to this weekend’s regional meet:
Daniel Drummond, first place in the 3200 and 1600 meter runs; Cade Simmons and Austin Howard qualified in shot put; Austin Howard and Devontae Bradley qualified in discus; Chris Brown qualified in the long jump; Larenz Jones qualified in the triple jump; Morgan Odle, Dajah Cook, Drusilla Crockett, and Kayla Parker qualified in the 800 meter relay; Josh Creekmore, Jay Robinson, Boston Newsome, and Keyshawn Ball qualified in the 400 and 800 meter relays. Yesina Rivera qualified in the 1600 meter run.
Larenz Jones and Kayla Parker qualified in the 400 meter dash, Daniel Drummond and Yasina Riveria qualified in the 800 meter dash, Keyshawn Ball, Jacob Hall, Terrence Gillard, and Larenz Jones qualified in the 4×400 relay.
Next for New Albany is the regional track meet, which will be held on Saturday, April 28th at Pontotoc , begining at 11 a.m.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...