Ingomar takes opening series against Ethel
Ingomar fought off Ethel, earning a 14-4 game one win at home on Friday.
The Lady Tigers struck first, scoring two runs off three hits, but the Lady Falcons answered quickly with three runs in the bottom half of the inning, led by an RBI double by Morgan Kelly.
A wild pitch in the top of the second allowed Ethel to tie the game at three, but Ingomar pulled away in the third, scoring five runs. Five Lady Falcon batters were hit in the inning, two more walked, and Ingomar added runs in each of the remaining innings, finishing in six innings.
Kelly led Ingomar with two hits, and Erin Wall had the win in the circle.
The Lady Falcons played at Ethel on Saturday, picking up a 16-8 win over the Lady Tigers to advance to next weekend's series against Pine Grove.
Myrtle- The Lady Hawks were scheduled to open its playoff run this weekend against H.W. Byers, but that series will not take place after a forfeit by the Lady Lions. Myrtle advances to play Smithville next weekend.
West Union-The defending north half champions will open its playoff run next weekend, taking on the Vardaman. West Union wrapped up the Division 2-1A title on Thursday night with a 6-4 win over Ingomar.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...