Dunlap signs with NEMCC golf
Northeast Mississippi Community College head golf coach Mike Anderson has announced his first signee of the 2012-13 Tiger golf team.
New Albany High School standout Peyton Dunlap agreed to become the first signee in Anderson’s tenure at a ceremony at the high school on Friday, March 30.
With the signing, Anderson added a three-time Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) state tournament participant to his 2012-13 Tiger roster.
Dunlap helped lead the Bulldogs to a Class 4A state-runner up finish in 2009 as a freshman, a third place finish in the 2010 state golf championships at Wedgewood Golf Club as a sophomore and a fourth-place finish at the Cleveland Country Club as a junior in 2011.
In the 2011 MHSAA State Golf Championship, Dunlap led the Bulldogs on the opening day with an 81 and stayed consistent through the event with an 80 for a two-day161.
During the district golf championship in April 2011, Dunlap fired a 77 at the OaksCountry Club in New Albany to help lead the Bulldogs to the boys’ district title and a berth in the Class 4A State Tournament.
In his senior season at New Albany, Dunlap has helped the Bulldogs to card a pair of victories early on.
In a February 28 event at the Oaks Country Club, Dunlap was the co-medalist for the event with a 37 as New Albany knocked off Oxford High School and in a March 1 tournament, Dunlap helped the Bulldogs rally passed Pontotoc and Oxford with a 38 on the day.
When not on the links, Dunlap, who wants to study engineering, is a member of the SkillsUSA club at New Albany and placed in the top 3 in the carpentry division at theSkillsUSA Region I Competition in late February.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...