Tommy Whisenant obituary
Tommy Gene “Tom” Whisenant, 55, of New Albany, died Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at his residence.
He was born on March 24, 1956 in Aurora, Ill. to Winfred Wray Whisenant and Velma Elizabeth Howell Whisenant. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and had been a member of AA for 21 years, serving as a district officer. He was employed by Riverside Traffic as a payroll clerk and EEO official.
Services were at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home with Louie Williams officiating. Interment was at Glenfield Memorial Park. Glenfield Funeral Home of New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Marnelle Plunk Whisenant of New Albany; one son, William Raymond Franks of Smyrna, Ga.; two brothers, Ron Whisenant (Wendy) of Arley, Ala. and Wray Whisenant (Patty) of Yorkville, Ill.; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers inlcude Larry Koon, Richard Crisel, Charles Shettles, Brad Farr, Tim Elkins and Tony Harden.
Visitation was from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer