John Jackson obituary
John Telmus Jackson, 85, of New Albany, died Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany.
He was born Oct. 8, 1926 in Earl, Ark. to the late Jenus Jackson and Pearl Hall Jackson. He was a veteran of World War II having served in the U.S. Army. He was a retired employee of Mohasco. He was a member of the Glenfield Baptist Church.
Services were at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Jerry Lowery officiating. Interment was in the Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by two brothers Haywood Jackson (Jamie), and Shirley Jackson both of Aurora, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Ethel Cleveland Jackson, a daughter Kay Windham, a son Johnny Jackson, and three brothers Gene Jackson, Jackie Jackson, and Jimmy Jackson.
Visitation was from noon to 3 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
In honor of Mr. Jackson, United Funeral Service, Inc. will fly the flag of the United States Army at the funeral home during visitation and service.
For online visitation visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer