John Jackson obituary
John Telmus Jackson, 85, of New Albany, died Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany.
He was born Oct. 8, 1926 in Earl, Ark. to the late Jenus Jackson and Pearl Hall Jackson. He was a veteran of World War II having served in the U.S. Army. He was a retired employee of Mohasco. He was a member of the Glenfield Baptist Church.
Services were at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Jerry Lowery officiating. Interment was in the Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by two brothers Haywood Jackson (Jamie), and Shirley Jackson both of Aurora, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Ethel Cleveland Jackson, a daughter Kay Windham, a son Johnny Jackson, and three brothers Gene Jackson, Jackie Jackson, and Jimmy Jackson.
Visitation was from noon to 3 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
In honor of Mr. Jackson, United Funeral Service, Inc. will fly the flag of the United States Army at the funeral home during visitation and service.
For online visitation visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...