Dorothy Cooper obituary
Dorothy Whitlock Voyles Cooper was born in New Albany on Feb. 9, 1918.
She lived for many years in Memphis, Tenn. and then returned to Union County in 2010 to live with her son. She died March 4, 2012.
Mrs. Cooper retired from St. Jude’s nursing department and was a member of the Nazarene Church on Macon Road in Memphis, Tenn.
Services will be at 2 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2012 at Forest Hill East Funeral Home, with interment following. Forest Hill East Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Billy Ray Voyles of Myrtle; brother, Ralph Whitlock; sister-in-law and best friend, Inez Cook Smith; the Cook family; grandchildren, Mike (Janette) Ford, Tommy (Becky) Ford, Jr., Gary (Debbie) Voyles; 13 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years, Roy Voyles, Sr.; husband Walter Cooper after four years; children, Roy Voyles, Jr., Betty Jean Ford; granddaughter, Laurie Voyles and grandson, Jason Voyles.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests any memorials be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...