David Hitchcock obituary
David Earl Hitchcock, 62, of New Albany, died Saturday, March 3, 2012, at the V. A. Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born in Steele, Mo., on Oct. 30, 1949, to George and Ramona Hitchcock. He was a member of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tenn. and was a retired truck driver. He served his country in the Marine Corps in Vietnam and received the National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Purple Heart Medal and a Combat Action Ribbon.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with the Rev. Lyndle Davis officiating. A private burial will be held. Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by wife of 15 years, Martha Frazier Hitchcock, of New Albany; two sons, Michael Hitchcock of Sarah and Jerry Van Allen of Nesbit; three daughters, Jennifer Bernas of San Antonio, Texas, Christina Cruz of Sarah and Dana Mercer of Nashville, Tenn; one stepdaughter, Sandra Giddens of Sarah; one sister, Ruby Emerson of Horn Lake; 12 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, William George Hitchcock.
A military honor guard will serve as pallbearers.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...