Codene Ford obituary
Codene Ray Ford, 101, died March 5, 2012 at Primacy Health Care Facility in Memphis.
She was born in Union County on Nov. 27, 1910 to the late Dovie Morris Ray and Marcus Roy Ray. Her grandfather, J. R. Morris, was one of the original settlers of the Tallahatchie Bottom. She was a member of the Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church for 70 years. For her devotion to the United Methodist Women, she was awarded a lifetime membership. She also received the Unsung Hero Award.
She is survived by a son, Will R. Ford and wife Jane of New Albany, a sister, Melvin Mollie Bunch of Oxford, five grandsons, Gordon Ford (Lorraine), Chris Ford, and Clint Ford (Angela) all of Memphis, Glenn Ford (Laura) of Olive Branch and Brent Whiteside (Lori) of New Albany and ten great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 69 years, Dudley Dale Ford, a son, Rayford Dale Ford, a sister, Lorene Holliday and brothers, John Talmadge Ray, Vardell Ray and Howard Lee Ray, Sr.
Visitation was from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, Poplar Avenue. Services were at 10 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, 2012, at the funeral home with interment at Cornersville Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church, 3473 Jackson Avenue, Memphis, Tenn. 38122.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...