Lady Hawks drop contest versus Pine Grove
Myrtle softball dropped its second game of the season in a 5-2 decision against Pine Grove last Saturday.
Pine Grove opened the game scoring four runs off three consecutive singles by Jesse Collins, Maddie Ericksen and Laken Hill. Myrtle was in position to answer that in the second inning, loading the bases with no outs, but were shut down, leaving three runners stranded.
Kiana Judon put the Lady Hawks on the board in the third, plating Brianna Brassell with her single, and Kelsey Freeman added to that in the fourth, allowing Keely Chunn to score off her single.
Pine Grove added its final run in the seventh, loading the bases with two outs, and Jordan Orman plated the fifth run.
Judon had two hits, including a double to lead Myrtle (0-2), and Audrey Kent recorded seven strikeouts in the loss.
The loss follows a 5-3 loss to the Lady Urchins last Tuesday.
Amber Cook hit a double to lead the Lady Hawks’ offense, while Rachel Elder and Mallory Roberts each had doubles for the Lady Urchins.
Myrtle will host Potts Camp and travel to Oxford this week before taking time off for spring break.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...