Ingomar wins two, remains unbeaten
Ingomar improved its record to 4-0 on Saturday, earning wins over Pine Grove, 21-1, and Potts Camp, 8-2.
In the win over the Cardinals, Tyler Dowdy had 13 strikeouts in six innings of work, leading to the six-run win.
Stephen Laird put the Falcons on the board in the first with his RBI single, and Dowdy, along with Austin Sanders and Brady Cox, added to that in the second, as Ingomar scored six runs, going ahead, 7-0.
Potts Camp scored two runs in the fifth off RBI singles by Nick Watts and Jesse Shaw, and Dowdy brought in Ingomar’s final run in the bottom half of the frame.
Joseph Broom and Josh Thompson had two hits each for the Falcons (4-0).
Dowdy’s 13 strikeouts follows a 17 strikeout performance against Smithville in the Falcons’ season opener on Feb. 24.
Against Pine Grove in the first game, Dowdy and Austin Sanders each had a home run in the 21-1 rout.
Ingomar hosted Walnut on Monday night and will play Wheeler and Calhoun City in a double header this Saturday, March 10.
Those games will be followed by the Union County Tournament, which will be held March 15-16 at Myrtle.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...