Northeast golf finishes first match tied for fifth
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s golf team opened up the Mississippi Association of Community/Junior Colleges (MACJC) golf season with a fifth-place showing in its first tour stop of the year.
Northeast finished in a tie with Jones County Junior College with a 671 two-day totalafter the squads carded identical scores on both days a The Oaks Golf Club in Pass Christian.
Northeast fired a 341 on the opening day of the season led by Easton Cartwright, Jordan Wilson and Blake Conlee’s 85s on the opening day.
On the second day, Austin Woodard charged to the front of the pack with one of thelowest scores of the tournament when the Northeast freshman carded a three-over, 75 to lead the Tigers.
Woodard’s 75 helped the Muscle Shoals, Alabama-native finish in seventeenth place overall in the tournament.
Woodard started the second day tied for thirty-second place in the tournament and rallied 15 spots on the second day for his two-day 161 that helped propel the Tigers to a fifth place finish.
Afterfiring 85s on the first day, Cartwright and Wilson both marked down 82s on the second day to finish in a tie for 26 in the two-day affair at plus-23.
Conlee finished with a two-day 176 while Ty Lindsey became the fifth Tiger in the Top 42 when the Northeast freshman walked away with a two-day 180.
Northeast’s Taylor Trimble finished the match as an individual and beat 10 other competitors when the Tiger sophomore finished in forty-sixth place in the tournament with a 185.
Northeast will look to build on its finish in the first tour stop of the year as the Tigers play a pair of quick matches leading to the Spring Holidays.
Northeast will make its second stop of the year at Eagle Ridge Golf Club in Raymond on March 3-4 before making the trek to a pair of courses in south Mississippi for the MACJC’s third tour stop of the year on March 5-6.
In the third tour stop of the year, Northeast will play at Brookhaven Country Club and Wolf Hollow Golf Club in an event hosted by Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 31, 2016
- Settlemires named to first-ever All-SSAC Faculty Team May 31, 2016
- No reason to be bored here this summer May 31, 2016
- Looks like summer is here May 31, 2016
- County compares favorably to neighbors in several categories May 31, 2016
- Spray park at BNA Bank Park opens for the summer May 31, 2016
- Martintown Road bridge gets first part of new deck May 31, 2016
- Union County jobless rate continue to be among lowest in state May 31, 2016
- Free concert series begins Saturday May 31, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...