Support the Amanda Price Memorial 5K
Earlier this week, I had the chance to sit down and speak with Coach Ron Price, catching up with him since the events from December.
What I listened to that afternoon was inspiring, uplifting and it reminded me of the respect I hold for Coach Price.
What he emphasized the most throughout our conversation was his appreciation for what the community has done for him and his family, as well as a local group that focuses on helping families who are victims of violent crimes.
Survival, Inc. helped tremendously in the aftermath of Amanda’s death, covering the funeral costs and for counseling for the family, among other things. It is because of this that Price wants to see the proceeds from the Amanda Price Memorial 5K on Mar. 10 go to this organization, while funds from the fun run/walk will benefit New Albany’s Junior Auxiliary.
“I want this race to be centered around Amanda, but I want this organization to benefit from it, because they’ve been so good to us. If the time comes where someone else needs assistance, I want the proceeds from this race to go so that they can be treated the way we have, and that’s with love.”
I’m not the least bit surprised at how the community responded to this tragedy. It has been amazing to see everyone come together to not only support this family during the visitation and funeral, but also with the upcoming 5K. Price has repeatedly expressed his gratitude for the New Albany community, including Mayor Tim Kent and the law enforcement.
From the comments I have received from all of you regarding Wednesday’s story, I see that we all feel the same about Coach Price, having the upmost respect for him and how he has handled this tragedy.
I would like to encourage everyone to continue supporting the upcoming Amanda Price Memorial 5K. Early registration is until Feb. 20. Let’s continue to show Coach Price how much we care and lift up him and his family.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...