Two arrested in recent burglaries
Two Tupelo men have been charged in connection with recent car burglaries on Murrah Road, according to New Albany Police Department authorities.
James “Bing” Wildman, assistant chief for the department, said that Timothy Conley, 19, of 3378 Robert Kennedy Dr. and Byron A. Weatherspoon, 20, of 390 Blackjack Rd., both in Tupelo, have been charged with several counts of auto burglaries.
“Both men face two counts of auto burglary in the city, as well as other counts from the county and in Sherman,” Wildman said.
Wildman said that the two men allegedly committed the car break-ins that occurred late last Monday night or early last Tuesday morning.
“Investigators soon found a car with some of the stolen items in it over by the Windshield Doctor,” Wildman said. “We later found out that the car belonged to Witherspoon.”
Wildman said that some of the items found in the car included a rifle, camera equipment, cell phones and global positioning systems.
He went on to say that investigators believe the two men were not alone in these and other burglaries in the county and Sherman.
“We think in total there were four to five persons involved,” Wildman said. “The investigation is, of course, still ongoing and we expect more arrests.”
He went on to say that Conley is also charged with house burglary for allegedly breaking into two houses on Dec. 20, 2011. He said some Christmas presents were taken from both houses.
Including the charges in New Albany, Union County and Sherman, both Witherspoon and Conley face six counts of burglary of an automobile.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...