NA’s Stevens signs with ICC soccer
A pair of area soccer standouts have signed national letters of intent to play for the Itawamba Community College programs next season.
The Lady Indians signed New Albany midfielder Randi Stevens while the Indians picked up goalkeeper Will Pearson of Pontotoc.
“It’s really exciting knowing I’ll be continuing my soccer career especially at ICC,” said Stevens, who is currently missing her senior campaign due to knee injury. “Because they are traditionally one of the better teams in their division and that makes me really excited to be a Lady Indian.”
“Randi is going to fit into our program real well,” said ICC soccer coach Mike Sullivan. “She’ll find time somewhere on the attacking side and we are looking forward to seeing her potentially score some goals for us next season.”
Pearson, a second-year captain, has had 81 saves over the past two seasons and a save percentage of over 70-percent as a four-year starter for the Warriors.
“I’m just really happy to be playing at ICC next year,” said Pearson. “This is something I’ve been working towards for the past four years and this is a real big day for me to be able to reach this goal of mine.”
“Will is going to compete for the starting goalkeeper job next season and is a great kid that has worked really hard to help Pontotoc have a really good season so we are look forward to having him,” Sullivan said.
Stevens and Pearson are the first two signees of the season for ICC and Coach Sullivan expects to announce more signings over the course of the next few weeks.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...