Bulldogs name 15 to All-Division
Fifteen Bulldogs were named to the Region 2-4A All-Division team, led by seven seniors, six of which were named to the first team.
“Our guys represented us well through district play. We have the 4A state champion in our division, and for us to finish second to them is an honor.” coach Ron Price said. “I was real proud of our kids and how they performed this year. To have 15 kids named all-division is a big honor, and hopefully we’re showing people that we’re building a football tradition here. Other schools are recognizing how hard our kids are working, and it’s a great reward for them.”
Five players were named first team for offense, including Josh Creekmore, who led the team in total yards (1,979) and touchdowns (15). Josh Hardin, the team’s leading receiver, was also selected, finishing with 541 receiving yards and eight touchdowns.
Riley Alef and Jerry Davis were first team defense selections, with Alef finishing the season as the team’s leading tackler (185) and Davis had 70 tackles and a team-high three interceptions.
Eight juniors were also selected, highlighted by running back Boston Newsome, who led the team in rushing with 1,502 yards, earning a first team selection, and quarterback Spencer Day was named to the second team, finishing with 1,377 passing yards and 16 touchdowns.
While New Albany loses several seniors key to last season’s 9-4 record, the Bulldogs have a junior class that is capable of continuing the team’s success in 2012.
“Our junior class is a special class,” Price said. “They’ve had a lot of great playing experience this year, and hopefully their leadership through our spring and summer workouts will carry over into the fall. We’re looking for them to continue to lead us, and we’re expecting big things out of them this fall, and we can continue what we have going.”
Lafayette quarterback Jeremy Liggins was named the Player of the Year for the division, while fellow seniors Demarkus Dennis and Jamel Dennis were named the Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year.
Below are the Bulldogs’ All-Division selections.
Boston Newsome, Josh Hardin, Cade Simmons, Easton Hall, Jerry Davis, Riley Alef and Josh Creekmore
Spencer Day, Alex Harrison, Brady Barnes, Austin Howard and Devonte Bradley
Terrance Riles, Broderick Cook and Walter Smith
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...