Bulldogs name 15 to All-Division
Fifteen Bulldogs were named to the Region 2-4A All-Division team, led by seven seniors, six of which were named to the first team.
“Our guys represented us well through district play. We have the 4A state champion in our division, and for us to finish second to them is an honor.” coach Ron Price said. “I was real proud of our kids and how they performed this year. To have 15 kids named all-division is a big honor, and hopefully we’re showing people that we’re building a football tradition here. Other schools are recognizing how hard our kids are working, and it’s a great reward for them.”
Five players were named first team for offense, including Josh Creekmore, who led the team in total yards (1,979) and touchdowns (15). Josh Hardin, the team’s leading receiver, was also selected, finishing with 541 receiving yards and eight touchdowns.
Riley Alef and Jerry Davis were first team defense selections, with Alef finishing the season as the team’s leading tackler (185) and Davis had 70 tackles and a team-high three interceptions.
Eight juniors were also selected, highlighted by running back Boston Newsome, who led the team in rushing with 1,502 yards, earning a first team selection, and quarterback Spencer Day was named to the second team, finishing with 1,377 passing yards and 16 touchdowns.
While New Albany loses several seniors key to last season’s 9-4 record, the Bulldogs have a junior class that is capable of continuing the team’s success in 2012.
“Our junior class is a special class,” Price said. “They’ve had a lot of great playing experience this year, and hopefully their leadership through our spring and summer workouts will carry over into the fall. We’re looking for them to continue to lead us, and we’re expecting big things out of them this fall, and we can continue what we have going.”
Lafayette quarterback Jeremy Liggins was named the Player of the Year for the division, while fellow seniors Demarkus Dennis and Jamel Dennis were named the Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year.
Below are the Bulldogs’ All-Division selections.
Boston Newsome, Josh Hardin, Cade Simmons, Easton Hall, Jerry Davis, Riley Alef and Josh Creekmore
Spencer Day, Alex Harrison, Brady Barnes, Austin Howard and Devonte Bradley
Terrance Riles, Broderick Cook and Walter Smith
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6