Lady Rebels top Senatobia in home tournament
Hickory Flat endured a tough, physical match-up in its home tournament on Saturday; one that coach Alicia Pickens hopes will give her team experience and confidence heading into division play.
“They let us play physical, which was good; we needed that. This was a good experience being able to play hard and physical. They’re (Senatobia) quick and athletic, and they put a lot of pressure on our ball handlers, which was good experience for us.”
Against the Lady Warriors, Hickory Flat trailed by two after the first quarter, but jumped in the lead in the second off a three-pointer by Megan Roth. The Lady Rebels remained in the lead until the fourth, when Dieasha Todd put Senatobia in front, and the two teams traded the lead until a basket by Brianna Reaves helped give the Lady Rebels the 39-38 win.
Reaves led Hickory Flat with 10 points, while Jennifer Walls led Senatobia with 12 points.
Hickory Flat goes into division play on Tuesday, taking on Walnut before a Friday showdown with Ashland.
“We know we’ve got to get better at blocking out and rebounding, things like that,” Pickens said. “I’m proud of them. They didn’t lose their heads, and they did a good job of finishing off.”
About Chris Elkins
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...