East Union splits at Baldwyn Classic
Chris Tables put on a show against Tremont, scoring 22 first half points to lead the Urchins to a 64-52 win on Tuesday.
East Union found itself down early, and Tray Davis gave the Urchins its first lead. Tables followed that late in the frame, hitting his first of six three-pointers in the half. Scoring 16 of East Union’s 27 second quarter points, Tables helped the Urchins to a 43-26 halftime lead.
Daniel Sturdivant got the Eagles back within nine points in the fourth quarter, scoring seven points in the frame. With Tables quieted offensively in the second half, Trey Barkley stepped up for the Urchins, scoring 13 of his 17 points, helping EU hold on for the win.
Sturdivant led Tremont with 19 points, followed by Cody North with 14 points.
East Union improves to 9-6 on the year.
Tremont 52 East Union 42 (girls)
East Union was resilient in its Tuesday match-up with Tremont, but could not get over the hump, falling by 10 in its game at the Baldwyn Rotary Classic.
The Lady Urchins were quickly behind 15-2 in the first and went on a 13-1 run to close the frame, with all of the points coming from Ashley Leach.
The junior gave East its only lead of the game, 17-16, early in the second quarter and scored another six points before the half to keep the Lady Urchins close, down 28-25.
East Union was held to only four third quarter points, giving Tremont a 41-29 lead heading into the fourth. Anna Daye McDonald cut the deficit to nine, 45-36, but the Lady Urchins could do not more.
Leach finished with 28 points to lead East Union.
Both teams played at the Baldwyn Rotary Classic again on Thursday, taking on South Pontotoc. East Union will next play on Tuesday, traveling to Hatley.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...