East Union splits at Baldwyn Classic
Chris Tables put on a show against Tremont, scoring 22 first half points to lead the Urchins to a 64-52 win on Tuesday.
East Union found itself down early, and Tray Davis gave the Urchins its first lead. Tables followed that late in the frame, hitting his first of six three-pointers in the half. Scoring 16 of East Union’s 27 second quarter points, Tables helped the Urchins to a 43-26 halftime lead.
Daniel Sturdivant got the Eagles back within nine points in the fourth quarter, scoring seven points in the frame. With Tables quieted offensively in the second half, Trey Barkley stepped up for the Urchins, scoring 13 of his 17 points, helping EU hold on for the win.
Sturdivant led Tremont with 19 points, followed by Cody North with 14 points.
East Union improves to 9-6 on the year.
Tremont 52 East Union 42 (girls)
East Union was resilient in its Tuesday match-up with Tremont, but could not get over the hump, falling by 10 in its game at the Baldwyn Rotary Classic.
The Lady Urchins were quickly behind 15-2 in the first and went on a 13-1 run to close the frame, with all of the points coming from Ashley Leach.
The junior gave East its only lead of the game, 17-16, early in the second quarter and scored another six points before the half to keep the Lady Urchins close, down 28-25.
East Union was held to only four third quarter points, giving Tremont a 41-29 lead heading into the fourth. Anna Daye McDonald cut the deficit to nine, 45-36, but the Lady Urchins could do not more.
Leach finished with 28 points to lead East Union.
Both teams played at the Baldwyn Rotary Classic again on Thursday, taking on South Pontotoc. East Union will next play on Tuesday, traveling to Hatley.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6