Kingsley leads New Albany over North Pontotoc
Moses Kingsley had a triple-double for the Bulldogs, who opened division play with an 82-64 win over North Pontotoc on Friday.
The junior, along with Eric Chaney, scored 20 points, but added 16 rebounds and 10 blocks for the ‘Dawgs (7-5, 1-0).
Daniel Drummond added a double-double for New Albany, scoring 17 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs will have the next week off before playing in the Biloxi Classic next Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 27-28.
North Pontotoc 71
New Albany 66 (OT) (girls)
Andrea Lewis scored 28 points, leading the Lady Vikings in a division win over New Albany.
The Lady Bulldogs (5-5, 0-1) were led by a game-high 32 points by Jazmine Spears, but were out scored 12-7 in the overtime period.
Down 52-37 entering the fourth quarter, the Lady ‘Dawgs scored 21 fourth quarter point to force the overtime period.
Erin Michael Carter scored 11 points for New Albany, while Brittany Seale had 13 points for North Pontotoc.
New Albany rebounded with a 45-42 win over Starkville during the Joe Horn Christmas Classic in Columbus on Saturday.
Spears scored a game-high 24 points, followed by 11 points from Aravia Foote.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...