Police still at work in Price case
Despite the passage of 10 days since the shooting death of New Albany resident Amanda Price, the New Albany Police Department remains very focused on catching her killer.
In fact, the city announced Wednesday that it had raised the reward for information that would lead to a solution in the case from $20,000 to $25,000.
New Albany Police Chief David Grisham said the department continues to receive calls, but nothing has panned out yet.
“We’re still waiting on a big break in the case,” Grisham said. “We really hope this reward increase will produce something.”
Investigators said they have had a few persons of interest and have executed search warrants, but still hope to find the gun that was used to kill the speech pathologist.
Price, 31, wife of Coach Ron Price, died as a result of injuries she sustained when shot by an unknown assailant at the couple’s residence, 302 Murrah Rd., Monday evening.
She was pronounced deceased at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. According to a preliminary autopsy report, Price died of a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Ron Price was also shot in the shoulder during the incident when he responded to her screams. Grisham said he jumped at the person who was standing in the doorway.
“They were both shot with a .380-caliber handgun,” Grisham said.
According to statements made by Ron Price, Grisham said, the assailant was dressed in dark clothes and wearing a type of hood or ski mask over the face.
Grisham said their initial investigation had focused on two automobile burglaries that occurred just up the street at roughly the same time Monday night. He said that a rifle was taken in one of the burglaries.
“We had hoped they were related, but so far, it’s not looking that way,” Grisham said.
He went on to say that a motive was still not known and called the crime a “random act of violence.”
Investigators say they’re still waiting on the results of DNA and fingerprint testing from the scene.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...