A chance to share
Many more families have qualified this year for aid from the 37th annual Sharing at Christmas program, which provides food and toys to those in need in Union County.
This year 264 families qualified for aid, compared to 228 families who received aid last year. Obviously, the needs are much greater this year in our community.
Volunteers are busy packing food boxes, and toys and blankets are being purchased for distribution. Soon volunteers will be fanning out across the county to distribute care packages. In fact, everything is on track except the fundraising.
Unless we have a rush of giving in the final days, we will actually spend more this year than has been contributed.
That’s where you come in. We hope that if you have the resources that you will consider helping push the giving over the $15,000 goal. Last year a little more than $14,000 was contributed.
A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette. You can fill it out as a regular donation, or as a donation from you or your family in honor of someone you know, or in memory of someone deceased. We’ll print the names and amounts in each issue. The newest donations always will appear on the top of the list.
Of course, if you prefer your contribution to be anonymous, just check the box on the coupon. We’ll honor your request.
We hope you’ll join the spirit of the holiday by making a donation if you can.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate your support for Sharing at Christmas. Have a good holiday season.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...