Successful by any measure
By any measure, the New Albany Main Street Holiday Open House was an unqualified success this year.
The largest crowd ever, estimated at more than 2,000, turned out to see the holiday decorations, enjoy some refreshments and poke around the 26 businesses that participated in the event.
Shops were open from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and some were so crowded that it was nearly impossible to move around.
Although most of the attendees were from Union County, there was a good smattering of folks from Oxford and Tupelo checking out all of the goods and services that can be bought here in New Albany.
We think the Holiday Open House is an important part of the promotion of our historic downtown area. Because the vitality of downtown is a key to the success of our community, the Gazette participates by providing heavily discounted promotional space for the event to the Main Street Association and its merchants.
Events like the Holiday Open House help our local economy immensely by keeping our money at home and even attracting a little from our neighboring communities.
We’re proud to be a part of it.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...