Successful by any measure
By any measure, the New Albany Main Street Holiday Open House was an unqualified success this year.
The largest crowd ever, estimated at more than 2,000, turned out to see the holiday decorations, enjoy some refreshments and poke around the 26 businesses that participated in the event.
Shops were open from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and some were so crowded that it was nearly impossible to move around.
Although most of the attendees were from Union County, there was a good smattering of folks from Oxford and Tupelo checking out all of the goods and services that can be bought here in New Albany.
We think the Holiday Open House is an important part of the promotion of our historic downtown area. Because the vitality of downtown is a key to the success of our community, the Gazette participates by providing heavily discounted promotional space for the event to the Main Street Association and its merchants.
Events like the Holiday Open House help our local economy immensely by keeping our money at home and even attracting a little from our neighboring communities.
We’re proud to be a part of it.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...