Kicking off the holidays
What has become one of New Albany’s largest events takes place this Sunday afternoon.
The New Albany Main Street Holiday Open House is expected to draw more than 2,000 to participating shops and businesses, mostly in the historic downtown area.
It’s a way to kick off holiday shopping, spend time with your friends and neighbors and enjoy some refreshments. It’s also a chance to win a holiday shopping spree or other prizes if you stop in and register at the Magnolia Civic Center.
Twenty-six businesses are participating this year, and the event has become so well attended that the hours have been extended. Shops will be open from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Last year the hours were from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Holiday Open House is a way to showcase all of the goods and services that can be bought right here in New Albany. Shopping in New Albany, rather than online or in a neighboring city, helps our local economy by keeping our money at home.
And merchants do their part. Some decorate a lot, some serve refreshments and some have a special sale. A complete rundown of this year’s participants an be found on pages 11A and 12A of today’s Gazette.
Come on downtown Sunday and help support this important and fun event of the New Albany Main Street Association.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...