East Union School News for Oct. 28, 2011
By Mallory Mahon
Good day, Urchins! I trust everybody is having a splendid week!
So much is happening here at East Union, so let’s get started! On Friday, Oct. 21, East Union held the annual Meet the Urchins event. Fans got to meet the players of the athletic teams, as well as enjoy hamburgers and hot dogs and an inner-squad scrimmage between the basketball teams. The night was a terrific success, and a big thanks goes out to all who made this event possible!
On Saturday, Oct. 22, a 50th anniversary celebration took place on the grounds of East Union. Food, games, and alumni softball and basketball games were just a few highlights of this wonderful day. Thank you to everyone who pitched in to make East Union’s 50th anniversary a huge success!
In sports news, the Jr. High Lady Urchin and Urchin basketball team will open their season this Tuesday, Oct. 25 at Ingomar. Games start at 5:30 p.m. Good luck teams! On Friday, Oct. 28, the high school Lady Urchin and Urchin basketball teams will participate in the Myrtle Jamboree. Games begin at 4. Good luck Lady Urchins and Urchins!
On Saturday, Oct. 29, the EU cross country teams will participate in the district meet at Saltillo. Best of luck to the runners! The school-wide cookie dough fundraiser is officially underway until Nov. 8. An inflatable/pizza party day is in store for those who sell, so remember to work hard! Remember that FBLA will meet every Wednesday and FCA will meet every Friday in the gym at break.
I would like to close this week’s update with a quote from Thomas Edison: “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
At times, school, work, and stresses of everyday life can make it difficult to keep working at a goal. But remember that the only way to achieve your goals is to do what it takes to achieve that goal. Though it may take effort to get where you need to be, anything that is difficult to obtain is always worthwhile. Always work hard, stick to your goal, have the necessary knowledge to do so.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...