East Union School News for Oct. 28, 2011
By Mallory Mahon
Good day, Urchins! I trust everybody is having a splendid week!
So much is happening here at East Union, so let’s get started! On Friday, Oct. 21, East Union held the annual Meet the Urchins event. Fans got to meet the players of the athletic teams, as well as enjoy hamburgers and hot dogs and an inner-squad scrimmage between the basketball teams. The night was a terrific success, and a big thanks goes out to all who made this event possible!
On Saturday, Oct. 22, a 50th anniversary celebration took place on the grounds of East Union. Food, games, and alumni softball and basketball games were just a few highlights of this wonderful day. Thank you to everyone who pitched in to make East Union’s 50th anniversary a huge success!
In sports news, the Jr. High Lady Urchin and Urchin basketball team will open their season this Tuesday, Oct. 25 at Ingomar. Games start at 5:30 p.m. Good luck teams! On Friday, Oct. 28, the high school Lady Urchin and Urchin basketball teams will participate in the Myrtle Jamboree. Games begin at 4. Good luck Lady Urchins and Urchins!
On Saturday, Oct. 29, the EU cross country teams will participate in the district meet at Saltillo. Best of luck to the runners! The school-wide cookie dough fundraiser is officially underway until Nov. 8. An inflatable/pizza party day is in store for those who sell, so remember to work hard! Remember that FBLA will meet every Wednesday and FCA will meet every Friday in the gym at break.
I would like to close this week’s update with a quote from Thomas Edison: “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
At times, school, work, and stresses of everyday life can make it difficult to keep working at a goal. But remember that the only way to achieve your goals is to do what it takes to achieve that goal. Though it may take effort to get where you need to be, anything that is difficult to obtain is always worthwhile. Always work hard, stick to your goal, have the necessary knowledge to do so.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...