Amendment 26 supported
There is much discussion regarding Amendment 26 and what it may or may not accomplish. However, with rumors flying around, one question should be considered: Does life begin at conception?
Life obviously begins at conception. At conception, a new individual is formed with DNA different from that of the mother. The mother provides a safe environment and sustenance for this new life. The embryonic stage is a stage of human development. An embryo is not a fully developed human being. Neither is a six-month old or a 12-year old. If you are reading this, you were once an embryo.
Dr. Hymie Gordon, chairman, Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, sates, “By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”
Dr. Albert Liley, the renowned physiologist known as the “Father of Fetology” has stated, “Biologically, at no stage of development can we subscribe to the view that the unborn child is a mere appendage of the mother. Genetically, the mother and baby are separate individuals from conception.”
This fact may be inconvenient to some, but it is true.
Most Mississippians claim to be Christians. Our vote should be based on biblical truth, not hypothetical outcomes. Do we want the laws of our state to be based upon lies and fears? Here is truth. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb, I sanctified you…” – Jeremiah 1:5. Please remember that you will be held accountable for your vote by the Creator of life.
About Chris Elkins
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...