Alcohol petition opposed
I see that Satan has reared his ugly head again in trying to get more alcohol into our town. You see, Satan is always in the “now” business. He doesn’t want us to see into the future, and know the pain and heartache that alcohol can cause.
I write with love and concern for all of those who get involved in partaking of this. I also am a victim of being abused as a child by someone who drank alcohol. The pain never really does away. By the grace of God, we learn to live with it.
New Albany has been my home now for many years. I grew up somewhere else. I have always loved living here; and now it breaks my heart to see the beer trucks in our town, and the beer in our shopping centers.
It is my prayer that all Christians will take a stand against this. We will be honoring our Lord, and preventing many people from going through the pain, heartache, and sorrow that drinking alcohol can cause.
I want to say thank you to the editor for allowing me to comment on this issue. If it will help one person, it will have been worth it.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...