Winnie Mae Shaw obituary
Winnie Mae Harris Shaw, 83, of New Albany, died Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany after an extended illness. She was born in Mooreville on Feb. 17, 1928 to C. F. and Lelar Harris. For the past 15 years she lived in New Albany. She was a member of Mt. Gilead Baptist Church. She worked in the retail business as an associate for Kent’s, Gibson’s and then retired from Walmart. After her retirement, she kept children in her home. She loved music and was a part of the Harris Family Radio Ministry Group, was an avid reader and loved to watch Western’s. She was the last member of her siblings.
Services will be at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W. E. Pegues with Rev. Wayne Thorn and Rev. Barry Male officiating. Interment will be in Union Grove Church of God Cemetery.
Survivors include one son Larry Russell Shaw (Jill) of New Albany, one daughter Ione Nannette Shaw of Blue Springs, five grandchildren Darlene Arnold of Fulton, Kelly Courtney of Fulton, Rhiannon Fisher (Robert), of Imperial, California, Richard Russell Shaw of Tupelo, Harris Robbins Shaw of New Albany, four great- grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, Walter Russell Shaw on March 8, 1999, and six brothers.
Pallbearers will be Kenneth Ray West, James Pirkle, Mike Hester, Robbie Harris, Ronnie Harris and Eddie Harris.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2011 at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany First United Methodist Church, Youth Department, 207 East Bankhead Street, New Albany, MS 38652
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer