Juvenile killed in Poolville Rd. accident
A juvenile was killed early Monday morning when his pickup collided with an 18-wheeler on Union County Road 51, otherwise known as Myrtle-Poolville Rd.
Union County Chief Deputy Jimmy Edwards said that, because the teenager was a minor, he could not officially release his name to the public at the time of the accident.
However Gazette staff learned shortly after that the teenager in question is David Moody Jr., 16, a student of Myrtle High School and a member of the Myrtle High School baseball team.
Moody was killed when he pulled onto Myrtle-Poolville Rd. in front of an 18-wheeler carrying soybeans.
Edwards said the driver of the 18-wheeler had been airlifted to a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
Robert Gordon, coach of the Myrtle High School baseball team, called Moody a “special kid.”
“He was a good kid, a great guy,” Gordon said. “He had a chance to be a really good player. He was definitely special, and we just clicked very well. He was a super guy, and this is just breathtaking. I'm in awe, and I don't think this has really sunk in yet. I'm just in shock.”
Moody was a sophomore.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...