As of press time Tuesday, the 4-year-old victim of an accidental shooting remained in a drug-induced coma at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., said New Albany Police Department investigator Chris Robertson. “We talked to the boy’s uncle Monday,” Robertson said. “He’s in stable condition and has made it through the first 72-hour period, which is the most critical time period for these types of victims. He still has a lot of swelling in his head and the doctors are waiting until that goes down before they can see the extent of the damage.” The young boy, Carson Stegal of Endville, was with his grandmother at the Glenfield Industrial Park at the time of the shooting, Robertson said. The 4-year-old allegedly shot himself in the head, Robertson said. “It happened around 4 p.m. Friday afternoon at Professional Foam,” Robertson said. “According to his grandmother, she was closing up the business and the boy went out to her vehicle to get a bag of chips. While he was there, he inadvertently opened a pistol case, pulled out the gun and accidentally shot himself in the head.” Robertson said that the gun in question was a .38 revolver that Stegal’s grandmother kept in her vehicle for protection. First-responders arrived quickly on the scene. Stegal was transported by helicopter to Le Bonheur.
Gun-shot victim under observation
About Chris ElkinsQuisque sem est, suscipit ut velit ac, vehicula posuere sapien. Aliquam porta lectus eu urna congue sagittis. Praesent bibendum in odio non vehicula. Mauris bibendum consequat feugiat. Sed ultricies ac nulla eget viverra.
- A drone in Myrtle? July 18, 2014
- Dealer and Xplorers battle to tie in Cotton States July 22, 2014
- Improving the ER July 23, 2014
- Thumbing to California July 23, 2014
- Bulldogs wrap up summer soccer in Pontotoc July 23, 2014
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue July 23, 2014
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown July 23, 2014
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant July 23, 2014
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail July 23, 2014
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain July 23, 2014
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
"Luncheon with Books " Union County Heritage Museum Adam Coleman athletic banquet 2014 Basketball Bay Springs Bobcats Blue Springs Christmas Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league Desoto Xplorers East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Lisa Bogue Martin Luther King Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MLK MS Myrtle Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Board of Aldermen New Albany Bulldogs New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs New Albany Softball News Exchange Tournament Union County West Union Eagles West Union Lady Eagles
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue
- Committee making progress toward railroad ‘quiet zone’ downtown
- Burglars steal cash from Mexican restaurant
- Elliott talks origin of railroads that became Tanglefoot Trail
- Charitable dentistry program is SRO despite the rain