Voters return to the polls next Tuesday
Union County voters will all return to the polls on Tuesday for the Democratic and Republican primary runoffs, though some may only have a very short field of races on the ballot.
County-wide, residents voting in the Democratic primary will have to choose between Anthony Anderson and Jimmy Edwards for determination of that party’s nominee for Union County Sheriff.
Meanwhile, District One voters will decide to either give the supervisor nomination back to Dwight “Peanut” Pickens or challenger William “Bill” Hancock.
In the Second District Supervisor race, voters must pick either incumbent Sammy Coffey or Jimmy Yarbrough as the Democratic party candidate.
Voters in the 4th House of Representatives District will have to choose either James Nunnally or Jody Steverson, while voters in the 13th District will choose either Billy B. Gray or Don Randolph as their House nominee.
County-wide, Democrats will vote for either Johnny L. DuPree or Bill Luckett in the governor’s race.
In the local Republican primary runoff, District Three voters must vote for either David Kent or Wade Ligon to be the nominee in the Supervisor race.
In the state treasurer’s race, voters will choose between Lynn Fitch and Lee Yancey to be the Republican nominee.
Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford said that voters who participated in the Aug. 2 primary are required to vote in the same party during Tuesday’s runoffs. In other words, if a resident voted in the Democratic party two weeks ago, he or she must vote in that same party on Tuesday, and Republican voters must vote the same way as well.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...