Voters return to the polls next Tuesday
Union County voters will all return to the polls on Tuesday for the Democratic and Republican primary runoffs, though some may only have a very short field of races on the ballot.
County-wide, residents voting in the Democratic primary will have to choose between Anthony Anderson and Jimmy Edwards for determination of that party’s nominee for Union County Sheriff.
Meanwhile, District One voters will decide to either give the supervisor nomination back to Dwight “Peanut” Pickens or challenger William “Bill” Hancock.
In the Second District Supervisor race, voters must pick either incumbent Sammy Coffey or Jimmy Yarbrough as the Democratic party candidate.
Voters in the 4th House of Representatives District will have to choose either James Nunnally or Jody Steverson, while voters in the 13th District will choose either Billy B. Gray or Don Randolph as their House nominee.
County-wide, Democrats will vote for either Johnny L. DuPree or Bill Luckett in the governor’s race.
In the local Republican primary runoff, District Three voters must vote for either David Kent or Wade Ligon to be the nominee in the Supervisor race.
In the state treasurer’s race, voters will choose between Lynn Fitch and Lee Yancey to be the Republican nominee.
Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford said that voters who participated in the Aug. 2 primary are required to vote in the same party during Tuesday’s runoffs. In other words, if a resident voted in the Democratic party two weeks ago, he or she must vote in that same party on Tuesday, and Republican voters must vote the same way as well.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...