The following are results from the county elections in Tuesday’s Democratic and Republican primaries. The results are unofficial and do not include absentees or affidavit ballots. There were 7,648 votes cast, or 47.57 percent of the county’s registered voters. In the most tightly-contested race of the election, Jimmy Edwards and Anthony Anderson will move on to the Democratic primary runoff election, to be held Aug. 23. Other runoff races in the Democratic primary include the District One supervisor race between “Peanut” Pickens and “Bill” Hancock and District Two supervisor race between Sammy Coffey and Jimmy Yarbrough. In the Republican primary’s District Three supervisor race, David Kent will face Wade Ligon in the runoff. Democratic Primary Sheriff’s race: Anthony Anderson 1,626 25.74% (runoff) Jimmy Edwards 1,820 28.82% (runoff) Chad Glasson 794 12.57% Roy Cecil Jenkins 126 1.99% Jason McDaniel 679 10.75% J. “Rambo” Province 38 0.60% Jimmy Dean Whitten 447 7.08% James “Bing” Wildman 775 12.27% Chancery Clerk: Steve Robbins 2,975 51.20% Ronnie Wilhite 2,822 48.56% Tax Assessor/Collector: Randy A. Dunnam 3,325 54.46% (winner) Mike Meinz 2,778 45.50% Supervisor-District 1: Carl Graham 94 8.37% W. “Bill” Hancock 344 30.63% (runoff) Paul Patterson 215 19.15% D. “Peanut” Pickens 466 41.50% (runoff) Supervisor-District 2: Sammy Coffey 622 43.25% (runoff) Allen Dodd 232 16.13% Jimmy Yarbrough 583 40.54% (runoff) Supervisor-District 3: Steve Grose 244 20.89% Danny Jordan 921 78.85% (winner) Supervisor-District 4: Mike Gentry 476 37.22% Randy Owen 803 62.78% (winner) Supervisor-District 5: Olin Hall 200 16.05% Benny Rakestraw 887 71.19% (winner) Philip D. Taylor 159 12.76% Constable-East Post: Drew Cook 572 19.49% P.J. Doyle 1,740 59.28% (winner) Bill Roberts 623 21.23% There were two county races in the Republican primaries with competition. These are the results: Sheriff: Greg Elder 434 40.04% Jim Taylor 597 55.07% (winner) Supervisor-District 3 David Kent 177 46.95% (runoff) Wade Ligon 138 36.60% (runoff) Richard Little 61 16.18%
Edwards, Anderson to meet in sheriff’s race runoff
About Chris ElkinsQuisque sem est, suscipit ut velit ac, vehicula posuere sapien. Aliquam porta lectus eu urna congue sagittis. Praesent bibendum in odio non vehicula. Mauris bibendum consequat feugiat. Sed ultricies ac nulla eget viverra.
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
"Luncheon with Books " Union County Heritage Museum athletic banquet 2014 Basketball Bay Springs Bobcats Blue Springs Christmas Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league Desoto Xplorers East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins featured Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Lisa Bogue Martin Luther King Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MLK MS Myrtle Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Board of Aldermen New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs New Albany Softball Tournament Union County West Union Eagles West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?