The following are results from the county elections in Tuesday’s Democratic and Republican primaries. The results are unofficial and do not include absentees or affidavit ballots. There were 7,648 votes cast, or 47.57 percent of the county’s registered voters. In the most tightly-contested race of the election, Jimmy Edwards and Anthony Anderson will move on to the Democratic primary runoff election, to be held Aug. 23. Other runoff races in the Democratic primary include the District One supervisor race between “Peanut” Pickens and “Bill” Hancock and District Two supervisor race between Sammy Coffey and Jimmy Yarbrough. In the Republican primary’s District Three supervisor race, David Kent will face Wade Ligon in the runoff. Democratic Primary Sheriff’s race: Anthony Anderson 1,626 25.74% (runoff) Jimmy Edwards 1,820 28.82% (runoff) Chad Glasson 794 12.57% Roy Cecil Jenkins 126 1.99% Jason McDaniel 679 10.75% J. “Rambo” Province 38 0.60% Jimmy Dean Whitten 447 7.08% James “Bing” Wildman 775 12.27% Chancery Clerk: Steve Robbins 2,975 51.20% Ronnie Wilhite 2,822 48.56% Tax Assessor/Collector: Randy A. Dunnam 3,325 54.46% (winner) Mike Meinz 2,778 45.50% Supervisor-District 1: Carl Graham 94 8.37% W. “Bill” Hancock 344 30.63% (runoff) Paul Patterson 215 19.15% D. “Peanut” Pickens 466 41.50% (runoff) Supervisor-District 2: Sammy Coffey 622 43.25% (runoff) Allen Dodd 232 16.13% Jimmy Yarbrough 583 40.54% (runoff) Supervisor-District 3: Steve Grose 244 20.89% Danny Jordan 921 78.85% (winner) Supervisor-District 4: Mike Gentry 476 37.22% Randy Owen 803 62.78% (winner) Supervisor-District 5: Olin Hall 200 16.05% Benny Rakestraw 887 71.19% (winner) Philip D. Taylor 159 12.76% Constable-East Post: Drew Cook 572 19.49% P.J. Doyle 1,740 59.28% (winner) Bill Roberts 623 21.23% There were two county races in the Republican primaries with competition. These are the results: Sheriff: Greg Elder 434 40.04% Jim Taylor 597 55.07% (winner) Supervisor-District 3 David Kent 177 46.95% (runoff) Wade Ligon 138 36.60% (runoff) Richard Little 61 16.18%
Edwards, Anderson to meet in sheriff’s race runoff
About Chris Elkins
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
Blue Springs Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Board of Aldermen New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs Union County West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball