The following are results from the county elections in Tuesday’s Democratic and Republican primaries. The results are unofficial and do not include absentees or affidavit ballots. There were 7,648 votes cast, or 47.57 percent of the county’s registered voters. In the most tightly-contested race of the election, Jimmy Edwards and Anthony Anderson will move on to the Democratic primary runoff election, to be held Aug. 23. Other runoff races in the Democratic primary include the District One supervisor race between “Peanut” Pickens and “Bill” Hancock and District Two supervisor race between Sammy Coffey and Jimmy Yarbrough. In the Republican primary’s District Three supervisor race, David Kent will face Wade Ligon in the runoff. Democratic Primary Sheriff’s race: Anthony Anderson 1,626 25.74% (runoff) Jimmy Edwards 1,820 28.82% (runoff) Chad Glasson 794 12.57% Roy Cecil Jenkins 126 1.99% Jason McDaniel 679 10.75% J. “Rambo” Province 38 0.60% Jimmy Dean Whitten 447 7.08% James “Bing” Wildman 775 12.27% Chancery Clerk: Steve Robbins 2,975 51.20% Ronnie Wilhite 2,822 48.56% Tax Assessor/Collector: Randy A. Dunnam 3,325 54.46% (winner) Mike Meinz 2,778 45.50% Supervisor-District 1: Carl Graham 94 8.37% W. “Bill” Hancock 344 30.63% (runoff) Paul Patterson 215 19.15% D. “Peanut” Pickens 466 41.50% (runoff) Supervisor-District 2: Sammy Coffey 622 43.25% (runoff) Allen Dodd 232 16.13% Jimmy Yarbrough 583 40.54% (runoff) Supervisor-District 3: Steve Grose 244 20.89% Danny Jordan 921 78.85% (winner) Supervisor-District 4: Mike Gentry 476 37.22% Randy Owen 803 62.78% (winner) Supervisor-District 5: Olin Hall 200 16.05% Benny Rakestraw 887 71.19% (winner) Philip D. Taylor 159 12.76% Constable-East Post: Drew Cook 572 19.49% P.J. Doyle 1,740 59.28% (winner) Bill Roberts 623 21.23% There were two county races in the Republican primaries with competition. These are the results: Sheriff: Greg Elder 434 40.04% Jim Taylor 597 55.07% (winner) Supervisor-District 3 David Kent 177 46.95% (runoff) Wade Ligon 138 36.60% (runoff) Richard Little 61 16.18%
Edwards, Anderson to meet in sheriff’s race runoff
About Chris Elkins
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...
Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs sports Union County Union County sports West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball